We are all about pancakes in our house. The kids love any type of pancake that they can get their little fingers on, especially if it is topped with pure maple syrup and Greek yogurt. A little while back I posted a recipe that we like for Greek Yogurt Pancakes. Since then I have been tweaking it a bit and have come up with a better version, it’s a little thicker and easier to work with. This recipe also freezes well for quick weekday morning breakfasts.
Greek Yogurt Pancakes
3 cups of flour, we use white wheat flour but any will do
4 teaspoons baking powder
4 tablespoons of pure maple syrup or honey
1 teaspoon salt
4 Tablespoons oil
2 teaspoons of vanilla
1 1/2 cups of Greek yogurt
1 1/2 cups of milk, we used whole milk but any would work
1. Whisk together the dry ingredients
2. In a separate bowl mix together the wet ingredients
3. Slowly mix together the wet and dry ingredients until well combined
4. Preheat a pan or griddle to medium high heat
5. Grease the pan with butter and scoop out a large spoonful of batter onto the pan. Cook on both sides until golden brown.
6. To freeze lay cooled pancakes out on a cookie sheet and flash freeze for thirty minutes. Drop down in a labeled ziplock bag. To reheat toss in the microwave for about a minute until warm.